HOST YOUR RETREAT WITH US
(Terms & Conditions)
We aim at having parallel retreats whenever possible.
If you wish to not have a parallel retreat, we ask for a min of 25 bookings in the mid and summer season, and 15 bookings in the winter season.
We have the following accommodation options.
All rooms have shared bathroom and showers (divided into male and female).
- 9 x twin bedrooms
- 5 x triple bedrooms
- 1 x large 4-bed room
- 1 x separate teacher hut (double bed) – only during the summer and mid-season
- 1 x separate teacher hut (twin bed) – only during the summer and mid-season
- 3 x Soulpad tents with bed, electricity and heating (double bed) – only during summer and mid season
- Plus extra tenting spaces (guests bring their own tent) – only during the summer and mid season
Total capacity summer and mid-season : 47 beds + extra tent spaces
Total capacity winter season : 41 beds
Check out our The Place page for more images of Shambala.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room for up to 30 people (please let us know if you require more indoor sitting area)
- Deck with outdoor tables and large sitting area overlooking the lake
- Lounge area
We offer one daily sauna free of charge. We have a wooden sauna floating on our lake, next to the yoga sala. We will happily provide additional saunas for 500kr + 12% vat. Please let us know in advance.
There is no sauna after 22h.
Our delicious and abundant food buffet is Ayurvedic based and vegan, with mainly organic and gluten-free ingredients (please note that some traces of gluten may be found in our kitchen).
We are passionate to provide food that is delicious to eat, look at and feel. We ask our teachers to make any food request ahead of time.
Should you require some extra snacks, we happily provide them for an extra 50kr + 12% vat per person per day.
The meal serving times are:
– 9am: Breakfast
– 1.30pm: Lunch
– 7pm: Dinner
Enjoy one of our food stories below, where Nicolina, a yoga teacher, shares her experience of eating at Shambala.
For more food stories, please check our Youtube channel.
Spring, Summer and Autumn – high season
(May to September)
* Twin Room: 890kr + 12% vat
* Triple / 4-bed room: 830kr + 12% vat
* Own tent: 640kr + 12% vat
* Soulpad: 990kr + 12% vat
* Single Room: 1200kr + 12%vat
Without catering: Not possible during summer and mid season
Winter Season – low season
(October to April)
With catering: 890kr + 12% vat (all rooms)
Without catering: 600kr + 12% vat (all rooms)
1-15 paying guests = 1 teacher free
16-25 paying guests = 2 teachers free
26-35 paying guests = 3 teachers free
Any other member of the team is charged half board.
0-6 years old – free
7-14 years old – 320kr + 12% vat
14-18 years old – 500kr + 12% vat
*Please note that VAT will also be charged to international teachers. By law, if a service is given on Swedish soil, VAT will be applied, regardless of wether the teacher is billing internationally or not.
*If a teacher stays at Shambala before or after their retreat, in order to give treatments, we will ask for a commission of 20% + vat to be paid to Shambala. If a teacher gives treatments during their retreat, it is free of charge. We have massage benches onsite.
* We strongly advice our teachers to add no more than 1000kr inc vat for their teacher fee per night. We find that this is the max our customers are prepared to pay. For trainings (with certification) or retreats with more than 2 teachers, this amount can go up to a total of 1400kr per night inc vat. Thank you for your understanding.
Johan Svanborg leads kirtan regularly at Shambala when he is on site.
Please get in touch with us if you want to make sure your group receives this beautiful sharing. This service is free of charge.
For a detailed explanation of the treatments we offer, please click here
Re-Wilding and campfire in the forest-
650kr + 25% vat per person for a 4-5 hour walk.
Our idea behind our excursions is…
to provide an easily accessible entrance to the Forest. The trees , the animals, the ground, the water, the air, they all might seem unfamiliar to those living in cities.
to make the elements of nature our own again.
to let go of the armor we put on to cope with life in the city.
to feel what it is to be ourselves in the purest way, without all the conditioning, the habitual living and the distractions.
Availability is limited, please inquiry within for more information
VOLUNTEERS & COMMUNITY
Even though we have some members of staff, our team is made largely by volunteers. One way in which we honor their help is by offering the possibility to participate in some of the classes during their spare time.
For this reason, in order to host an event at Shambala Gatherings, we ask the teacher to open one class per day to the community (volunteer team).
You can expect a max of 4 volunteers in the Shakti Hall and a max of 2 volunteers in the Budha Hall per class (unless the space is full). Please let us know in advance if this is a problem for you.
Our customers are invited to support our volunteer community through the simple seva (selfless action) of cleaning their own dishes. This simple but helpful act, brings the “serving” and the “served” together as one united community, and is an act of gratitude and generosity towards our volunteer team. Thank you.
TEACHER DOWN PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
- To confirm your booking, you will be requested to pay a deposit of 5000kr (up to 3 nights) or 8000kr (up to 7 nights) +12%VAT. This deposit will be returned if the booking is cancelled more than 5 months in advance. For retreats 8 nights or more please inquire for the deposit set up.
- We will ask for a fee of 500kr + 12% vat in order to publish your event on our website. We ask all our teachers to be willing to have their events on our website.
- If you are booking the Admin and Marketing Kit, you will also be asked to pay each kit in advance. Please note that neither of these fees are refundable should you decide to cancel your booking.
- We will invoice you for the rest after the retreat has ended. If we have taken the bookings for you (with the Admin Kit), we will ask you to send us an invoice as soon as the retreat has finished.
Note: Should you have less bookings than the minimum number, we can still go ahead with your retreat, so long as the minimum number of guests is paid for.
– Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check-in: 15:30 (3:30 PM)
Check-out: 15:00 (3 PM)
Teachers are welcomed to arrive at 13h on the check-in day.
You can have lunch with us and go through some practical details with our managers.
– Welcome Talk:
Please allow for us to make a 5 minute welcome & information talk on the first group session of your retreat.
– Silence & silent breakfast:
At Shambala, it is silent between 22h and 10h, and we aim at having our breakfasts in silence. It is a sacred moment for us to catch our breaths and be in stillness before the dynamism of the day starts. Please let us know in advance if this would be a problem for you.
– Ceremonial Fires:
We are happy to arrange for a ceremonial fire for you inside our tipi or in our sweat-lodge area. We ask you to please be mindful and to not leave these fires unattended at any time.
– Forward Travel:
Please note that we don’t take responsibility for the arrangement of the forward travel of any of the guests or teachers.
In an effort to being as ecological as possible, we ask guests to bring their own sheets. This is a normal custom in Swedish hostels. Customers can rent sheets and towels from us for 200kr inclusive of tax. Teachers will receive sheets from us free of charge.
We provide laundry services if your retreat is more than 10 days in duration for 100kr per bag including vat.
Our printer is not available for public use. We ask teachers to please print all manuals and hand outs before your arrival
– Sound Levels:
We are located in nature, surrounded by forest, but we do have one neighbour. We ask our teachers to keep music within a limited decibel range. If you have planned a dance gathering or any loud events as part of your retreat, please let us know in advance. Shambala applies silence after 22h.
– Guest Cancellation Policy:
Should we take guest bookings for you via the Admin Kit, the following guest cancellation policy applies. You are welcome to have your own cancellation policy instead of this one. Just let us know. Thank you.
Please contact us if you wish to have a 15min “discovery call” with us, where we explain our terms and conditions to you.
Thank you for booking with Shambala Gatherings!