This is the retreat for you who wants to learn how to implement explorative, free movements into your yoga practice. During the three days we will explore a caring, curious and joyful way to approach movement, yoga, breath and health. With the roots in the traditional yoga tradition, we will look into a dogma free way to practice so that it is supporting you wherever you are in your life. No matter if you are an experienced yoga/movement student or teacher or not, you will learn tools for a sustainable, well rounded practice for the rest of your life.
Over the retreat we will get familiar with topics like neurology, tissue adaptation, anatomy and physiology. As no theory is greater than the embodied experience itself, we will move a lot.
We will inquire and explore both isolated and global movements for a deeper understanding of our possibilities, -and restrictions on and off the yoga mat. Functional movements will blend with strength work and fluid movements that will awaken every part of you.
Emphasizing your natural movement patterns, we will go through the potential of the spine, shoulder, hips and knees for you to sense, understand and learn about. It will be nerdy, explorative and humbling.
Guided meditation, breath work and sharing circles will be integrated all three days.
Full price: 5900.-
Main take away will be:
- How to implement free movements into your yoga practice
- How the nervous system is related to everything we do in life, and how we can consciously work with it to feel great in our bodies.
- How movement and “paying attention” can wake up sleepy areas and make us more confident in life.
- How movement sensed from the inside rather than the looks of a shape is the gateway to increased body awareness.
And much more! Don’t hesitate for any inquiries at all!
We are carefully following all regulations and we have an extra flexible cancellation policy should you need to cancel last minute due to showing symptoms. For more information on how we are dealing with Covid, please visit our Covid page.
“This retreat gave me so much inspiration, body awareness and joy. I now feel so curious to learn more about movement and body work.”
(*subject to changes)
16:00 Welcome! Arrival and check in
17-19 Introduction and sneak peek for the weekend ahead
20:15: Guided meditation and breathwork.
7-9 Movements around gravity, centering, resistance and more
9:00 Silent breakfast
Free time until lunch
15:30-18 Applied theory and movement class
20:00 Guided meditation and sharing circle
7-9 Move to find out
9:00 Silent breakfast
10:30-12:30 Movements around gravity, centering, resistance and more
15:00 Check out
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.