During the three-day retreat we will get familiar with topics like neurology, tissue adaptation, anatomy and physiology. As no theory is greater than the embodied experience itself, we will move a lot. We will inquire and explore both isolated and integrated movements for a global understanding of our possibilities, -and restrictions on and off the yoga mat. Functional movements will blend with strength work and fluid movements that will awaken every part of you. Emphasizing your natural movement patterns, we will go through the potential of the spine, shoulder, hips and knees for you to sense, understand and learn about. It will be nerdy, explorative and humbling.
Guided meditation and breath work will be integrated all three days.
Main take away will be:
- how external load increases our ability to learn new movements and how you can apply that in your asana practice.
- how the nervous system is related to everything we do in life, and how we can consciously work with it to feel great in our bodies.
- how movement and “paying attention” can wake up sleepy areas and make us more confident in life.
- how movement sensed from the inside rather than the looks of a shape is the gateway to increased body awareness.
And much more! Please don’t hesitate for any inquire at all.
(*subject to changes)
16:00 arrival and check in.
17-19 Introduction and sneak peek for the weekend ahead.
20:15: Guided meditation and breathwork. Sauna, relaxation.
FRIDAY – SATURDAY
7-9 Applied theory on lower body and spine.
9:00 Silent breakfast.
Free time until lunch.
15:30-18h Movement class lower body and spine.
20:00 Guided meditation and sharing.
7-9 Applied theory on upper body and spine.
9:00 Silent breakfast.
10:30-12:30 Movement class on upper body and spine.
15:00 Check out
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
““The retreat gave me so much inspiration, body awareness and joy. I now feel so curious to learn more about movement and body work.”
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.