Coronavirus has taken the world by surprise and is here to stay for the foreseeable future. As the shock begins to settle, we realise we will be living with this new virus for some time.
Our approach is to keep offering our beautiful retreats, combined with making changes to follow governmental regulations and preventive measures. We cannot guarantee that coronavirus will not appear at our beloved centre, but we will do everything we can to prevent it from happening.
We have just passed the covid-kitchen inspection by the komune in our municipality, which ensures that enough measures are taken to avoid spread and keep the hygiene in the kitchen.
(This approach is valid until the 24th of January. We will update our page once the new regulations are announced)
Our preventive measures include the following:
- We will be restricting our retreats to 15 guests maximum, so that everyone can be allocated in a single room without any extra costs.
- We will have 3 designated dining rooms. We will ask guests to eat in groups of no more than 4 people.
- We have “hand sanitising” stations around the centre with hand sanitisers and instructions on how to behave whilst being with us.
- At times, teachers will be laying yoga matts and props in the yoga shala prior to the arrival of our guests. This will ensure that there will be at least 1m distance between yoga salas. We ask all our guests to bring their own yoga mats. If you see that your spot has been laid out already on arrival to the shala, we ask you to place your mat on top of ours. Please keep your props for the entire stay and try not to mix them.
- We will be disinfecting yoga mats and props after each retreat, if they are used by our guests.
- We will be disinfecting the entire centre before and after each retreat, as well as keeping the hygiene of shared spaces and door handles daily.
- We will be interviewing our volunteers 24 hours before arrival. We will be conducting a health survey with them and ensure that they have had no symptoms for at least 48 hours before arrival. Temperature checks and symptom checks will be conducted daily. If any symptoms appear, we will invite them to separate from the group until symptoms are cleared or a test is conducted.
- In our buffet, we will ask our guests to disinfect their hands before touching ladles or any serving tools. There will be a hand sanitiser at the start of our buffet table. We ask all our customers to commit to following this recommendation.
- We will be offering a strong “Immunity tea” (amongst others) at our tea station throughout the entire day, composed of hot ginger, turmeric and black pepper.
- We will be taking away cloth towels from our bathrooms and placing hand paper towels instead. Bathrooms will also have instructions on how to wash hands thoroughly to prevent a spread.
- We will be ventilating the yoga shala before and after each class.
- We will be offering two evening saunas instead of one and limit the number of people inside at the same time.
We can only really succeed on our preventive goal if we have you on board.
Please read the image below carefully and take note on how you can help us prevent an infection.
If you are over + 70 years of age or have a serious underlying health condition or immune disease, we will ask to refrain from making a booking with us at this point. We will be revising this as we keep an eye on the evolution of the spread in Sweden.
Please bring your own yoga mat and yoga props if possible. If you need to borrow them from us, we will be disinfecting them before and after use. But we rather suggest that you bring your own for extra precautionary measures.
We invite you to take your temperature at home before departure. Anything above 37,6 C (armpit temperature) will be considered fever.
We ask you to please stay at home if you have any symptoms.
We have an extra flexible cancellation policy for these special times.
If you need to cancel your booking due to illness, we will be reimbursing you your payment, no questions asked. We will also be giving you the option to support Shambala by leaving your fee with us and receiving a voucher for a future retreat.
If you need to cancel your retreat due to legal restrictions from the Swedish government, please note that you will be reimbursed your deposit fee in full.
Should you wish to postpone your retreat, you can do so free of charge. If you are concerned about low bookings, please get in touch with us so we can meet your needs as much possible.
Should you wish to cancel for any other reason, our usual teacher cancellation policy will apply.
We will try to avoid this possibility as much as possible and leave retreat cancellations as a last resort. In this case, you will be credited your money, or be given the option to support Shambala by leaving your fee with us and receiving a voucher for a future retreat. It will be your choice.
If you are coming to volunteer with us, we will be conducting a health questionnaire closely before you arrive to us. Upon arrival, your temperature will be checked and will continue to be checked daily.
We will encourage you to be part of a “bubble of contact”, where you can have physical contact with the community of volunteers, but not with our teachers and guests. Still, we ask you to keep this contact to a minimum within the bubble.
We will ask you to be vigilant for any symptoms, which you will need to report to us as soon as they arise. Depending on what comes up, we might ask you to separate from the group for some time until symptoms evolve. If possible, we will be ordering a PCR home test kit for you. If results are positive, we might have to ask you to leave the premises and isolate elsewhere. Please have a contingency plan in case this happens, buy your travel tickets changeable and bring your international health card with you.
Below are a few videos with inspiration on how to boost immunity as a yogi:
We also suggest these resources below to strengthen your body and balance your mind during these special times:
Daring to Rest free Yoga Nidra practice
Be Here Now Network Podcasts
Chi Kung Covid-19 Healing Meditations
Yoga Glow Free Trial
Ram Das Fear and The Journey of Awakening
Miranda McPherson Free Meditations – deepening in love and trust