This workshop is both a training and a retreat, creating ample balance between experiential periods of connection and expression, with reflective time for relaxing, writing, and integration. By drawing from ancient meditation and devotion practices we come to understand right relationship, and life itself as our greatest work. Explore and experience the foundations of Bhakti and Hatha Yoga, as well as Buddhist and Taoist influences, and how they relate to nature’s processes, creative practice, and mindful living in this immersive workshop setting.
EACH DAY WILL INCLUDE:
– Beginning the day with a morning ritual (puja), inviting nature and the elements
– Daily instruction and practice of sitting meditation
– Morning Yoga classes
– Tea ceremonies, communing with presence with local plants and flowers.
– Vocal toning and the exploration of voice as our fundamental source of communication and power.
– Wisdom and Philosophy from ancient traditions to inspire personal reflection and practice
– Mandala ceremonies
– Listening to and sharing ecstatic poetry interwoven with music and movement
– Kirtan and chanting ancient mantras
– Explorations of body-centered awareness
– Hands-on experience crafting offerings of nature
(*Subject to changes)
16:00 arrival / orientation
18:00 Introduction circle
Wednesday – Saturday
6:00 Puja / mantra meditation
10:30 closing ceremony
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“”This is where the magic happens – together, with open hearts in beautiful nature.”
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.