This is the retreat for you who wants to learn how to implement explorative, free movements into your yoga practice. During the weekend we will explore a caring, curious and joyful way to approach movement, yoga, breath and health. With the roots in the traditional yoga tradition, we will look into a dogma free way to practice so that it is supporting you wherever you are in your life. No matter if you are an experienced yoga/movement student or teacher or not, you will learn tools for a sustainable, well rounded practice for the rest of your life.
We will get familiar with topics like neurology, tissue adaptation, anatomy and physiology. As no theory is greater than the embodied experience itself, we will move a lot.
We will inquire and explore both isolated and global movements for a deeper understanding of our possibilities, -and restrictions on and off the yoga mat. Functional movements will blend with strength work and fluid movements that will awaken every part of you.
Reinforcing your natural movement patterns, we will go through the potential of the spine, shoulder, hips and knees for you to sense, understand and learn about. It will be nerdy, explorative and humbling.
Guided meditation, breath work and sharing circles will be integrated for a transformative, deep experience.
There will also be time for walks in the forest, sauna and relaxation.
Don’t miss this opportunity to explore movement and beyond in the beautiful surroundings of Shambala Gatherings!
Full price: 4900.-
Email Olivia at email@example.com if you have any questions.Book your spot
Main take away will be:
- How to implement free movements into your yoga practice
- How the nervous system is related to everything we do in life, and how we can consciously work with it to feel great in our bodies.
- How movement and “paying attention” can wake up sleepy areas and make us more confident in life.
- How movement sensed from the inside rather than the looks of a shape is the gateway to increased body awareness.
And much more! Don’t hesitate for any inquiries at all!
“This retreat gave me so much inspiration, body awareness and joy. I now feel so curious to learn more about movement and body work.”
(*subject to changes)
16:00 Welcome! Arrival and check in
17:00 – 19:00 Introduction and sneak peek for the weekend ahead
20:15 Guided meditation, breathwor, and sharing circle
7:00 – 9:00 Movements around gravity, centering, resistance and more
9:00 Silent breakfast
Free time until lunch
15:30 – 18:00 Applied theory and movement class
20:00 Guided meditation, breathwork, and sharing circle
7:00 – 9:00 Move to find out
9:00 Silent breakfast
10:30 – 12:30 Movements around gravity, centering, resistance and more
15:00 Check out
meet the team
Olivia is a leg. Physiotherapist with specialisation behavioural medicine. She has been practicing yoga for over a decade and taught for almost just as long. With her passion for the human body in motion she wishes to share her knowledge about anatomy, biomechanics and physiology so that the student’s relationship to their own bodies is strengthened.
Her classes are explorative and playful where every person has space to grow within their own premises. The last few years have been about finding her own way and expression, which she wishes every yogi to do. In her teachings you will find functional movements, explorative, semi free movements as well as mobility training and more. She runs Move With Ease with online classes and workshops for yoga teachers as for people who seek an open minded approach to yoga and movement. She also teaches in person classes in Västerås.
MORE at Shambala
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.