Expand, Nurture, Improve, Expand
Explore the creativity and connection of yoga, handstands, and partner acro. See how the breath makes so much accessible, rejuvenates and creates relaxed enjoyment in any challenge.
We are hosted by the world famous ‘Shambala Gatherings’ retreat centre, quietly situated in a Swedish forest surrounded by tranquil lakes. Shambala is particularly renowned for the community feel that is created when ‘strangers quickly become friends’, for the wholesome vegan food made from local and mostly homegrown organic ingredients, and its beautiful location in Nordic nature . Other features of the centre include the availability of a variety of massage treatments and the use of their sauna.
Co-run by Catie Foroughi, Emma and Toby.
- Develop your yoga practice, with a handstand, arm balance and back-bend focus ⠀
- Explore Partner Acro with Australian Pole Champions, structured with different variations for newcomers to as experienced as you are! ⠀
- Experience the transformations/ restoration in meditation ⠀
- Immersion into the beauty of lush Nordic nature ⠀
- Get nourished with local organic vegan cuisine
Our focus is to support you, create space for you to relax, and connect to yourself/ nature/ everyone present. There shall be at least two sessions a day, meals provided and ample time to rejuvenate and explore our beautiful location.
Our retreat centre this year, Shamabala Gatherings, is great place to rejuvenate your spirit by exploring the surrounding beautiful lush forest and lakes, enjoying the evening sauna, dipping in a tranquil lake and trying some of the in house bodywork therapies: Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Full Body Oil Massage and Meditation Floating Tank.
All sessions are suitable for beginners to intermediate, to advanced/ embodied/professional practitioners
MORE ABOUT THE YOGA
Joining forces with another person makes for a powerful energetic connection as you work together to create shapes and flows. There is nothing quite like the communication, balance and the overwhelming sense of trust (both in yourself and in another human being) that comes from Partner Acro.
Partner stretching helps you explore deeper ranges of motion than what is possible stretching on your own. We will be doing both restorative style sessions as well as more dynamic/end range movements. It’s all about communicating – sharing your experience with another person, guiding them to help you go deeper. Above all else, trusting your body and your judgement of what is best for your body in the moment.
(*subject to changes)
*8am Morning Session
*10am Silent Breakfast buffet
*11am Freetime (our favourite activities are journaling, hiking, dipping in the lake, receiving massage session, AcroYoga jamming time or just sit and watch the stillness of the lakes)
*1pm Succulent vegan lunch buffet
*3pm Afternoon breaks: time to take a hike in the forest, rest or take one of our treatments
*5pm – Afternoon Session
*7pm – Delicious vegan evening meal
*8pm – Sauna, Kirtan, or Freetime
Check in on the 5th at 4 pm
Check out on the 11th at 3 pm
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Set by a magical beautiful lake, this charming ”get away” offers heart-felt and nurturing workshops, courses and retreats by very competent teachers, and is hosted by such beautiful souls – who make sure to create a cozy solidarity, and treat you with healthy food cooked with love.”
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.