Just because humans can adapt to any environment and demand – such as a stressful life in the city – it does not mean that it is sustainable and healthy to do so. Instead of numbing yourself to be able to cope with the harshness of mainstream everyday life, allow yourself to be fresh, awake, alert, wild and free.
With this retreat we want to reawaken the sense of curiosity and wonder about all expressions of life. To sharpen our observation skills towards nature and our own body, and feel how totally we belong into the natural world.
To be wild as we understand it, means to be genuine and unfiltered in your experience and reactions. To forget about what is expected of you in order to fit in contemporary city life, and to simply enjoy and connect to nature and to all living beings.
As humans, we used to be part of nature’s processes, and understand their cycles and power. Even though now we have been estranged from our natural environment, we can still regain much of our beautiful intuition and inner guidance.
We just need to spend time with the purest version of ourselves, in the purest environment, in order to trust it again. This way we will feel a vibrant connection to everything there is, and life will have a solid purpose.
A TYPICAL DAY OF THIS RETREAT
Each morning we will wake up body and mind through yoga and free flowing movement, giving space to the need for expression. We will prepare physically and mentally to get outdoors and use our body to explore and enjoy.
– Enjoy the freedom of being out in nature and feel that nature is your true home
– Connect to nature in the presence of free and wild animals
– Disconnect yourself from stress and conditioning
– Find your own entrances to the forest, and feel safe and cosy in it
– Unleash your creativity and playfulness
– Get hands on experience of living with natural means
– Visualise yourself and your future goals more clearly
– Get fresh ideas about how to rewild your everyday life
(*Subject to changes)
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Life changing, as thanks to Wild Sweden I have changed the way I travel and what I travel for; Nature and wildlife are now my number one priority”
“Reminds us that we are all Wild at heart! Just being in the peace, intense quiet, and beauty of these landscapes is something we should treasure… I would recommend Wild Sweden to anyone who cares about nature, wants to learn more about it, and who would love to feel some wildness in their heart.”
“Adventure of a lifetime! Over the 5 days we spent a lot of time “nature bathing”, just enjoying being outside, and experiencing a big variety of plants and animals. Sitting by the fire, camping between the tall trees, napping in a hammock and walking around in the woods in the middle of the night trying to hear the wolves. Also, if you are a foodie, this trip is for you. The food is divine!”
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.