A new travel experience to deeply connect with nature through practicing with the power of the mind, breath, cold, movement & Earth Living skills!
This special 4-day experience (with the option for 2 extra days) will be centred around mastering the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: breathing, cold exposure and mindset, along with daily Yoga practice as well as practicing primitive fire making techniques.
The Scandinavian forest in the height of winter is the perfect place for practicing our connection with this magical nature. Through venturing out in the cold forest, dipping in the lake and using our natural environment to practice living with the Earth like making fire we will reconnect to our ancestral heritage and depth of human nature.
Ticket link: www.tickettailor.com/events/jorendebruin/248405
Wim Hof Method & Yoga:
Learn how to:
- Strengthen the mind-body connection
- Improve your immune system
- Generate heat using your body and mind
- Learn how to breathe optimally
- Break loose from mental conditioning and negative thoughts
- Take control of your mental and physical state
- Be free from fear and anxiety
- Increase your comfort zone
Earth Living Skills:
By practicing living skills using only natural materials we can source from our surrounding environment is our way to deeply connect with Mother Earth. We will utilise the forest as our guide in sourcing materials and in four days we will learn how to prepare a fire outdoors using only friction techniques.
In the end of the four days we will enjoy cooking our food on the fire that we made using only materials from the forest!
Extra 2 days option: (End on 19th Dec at 9am)
meet the team
SAMPLE DAY PROGRAM:
- 8.30am – Morning practice (Yoga & Wim Hof Method breath work, theory etc.)
- 11.30am – Brunch
- 13.30pm – Afternoon session (outdoor activity, cold exposure & Earth skills workshop)
- 19.00pm – Dinner and relaxation, sauna & lake
The expedition is suitable for all levels of experience, and all ages of 18 and upwards. There will be a max of 20 participants.
- All meals
- Needed material + your own knife for skills practice
- Transfer to retreat centre from train station
(will be sent in depth after purchase)
- trekking boots
- swim wear
- a (small) backpack
- flip flops
MORE at Shambala
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.