This 6 days program is open to beginners, intermediate and advanced practitioners. The course requires your attention and Presence more than technical experiences.
A Thai Massage course is always a spiritual experience that combines meditation and the practice of loving-kindness, and for those interested particularly on learning massage, it is a great opportunity to know more about this beautiful healing technique.
When receiving Thai massage there are many benefits in the physical aspect but the ultimate goal of the practice is deep healing for both the giver and the receiver.
Thai Massage is a communion between two people, a co-creation of touch and presence. The way we move, the way we breathe, the way we touch, the way we allow healing to happen and flow… this is the ancient art of Thai Yoga Massage.
Thai Yoga Massage brings penetrating massage & gentle yoga movements into a profound healing system. It will leave you feeling deeply nourished, relaxed, and filled with energy.
* This course is perfect for you if you have never done a Thai massage course (beginners Level 1) and if you some Thai massage experience (Advance level 2). Itzhak will be holding both levels in parallel.
* At the end of the course you will receive an international diploma as Thai yoga masseur from the prestigious Sunshine Network.
Each day we travel from the feet to the head with demonstrations, theory and practice time. Instruction manuals are provided.
- History and roots of Traditional Thai Massage
- Essential principles for the practitioner: harmony and tranquility in movement, posture, rhythm, coordination and breathing
- Indications and contraindications of the techniques
- Locating and working on the energy lines
- Anatomical description in relation to the techniques
- Dynamic techniques, moving fluids, opening the joints, effective on central nervous system…
- Static techniques, deep and slow..opening the tendons, creating space.
WHY CHOOSE THAI YOGA MASSAGE?
This is a massage system that will achieve powerful results for both practitioner and client.
- FOR THE CLIENT:
According to Ayurvedic science, there is an extensive network of energy lines running throughout the body. It is through the massaging and stretching of this network of energy lines that Thai Yoga Massage releases tension. By allowing energy to flow more freely, the massage works to alleviate problematic conditions such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches, digestive difficulties, menstrual problems, and stress-related conditions.
Promoting this free flow of energy also works to restore balance and create a deep state of relaxation and well-being for both the client and practitioner.
- FOR THE PRACTITIONER:
As a practitioner you will feel blessed when so many of your clients tell you that they haven’t felt this good in years.
Furthermore, even though it is an active massage, it doesn’t feel like work. Instead, it is an expression of feeling truly alive.
This massage teaches you how to conserve energy, to bring your whole body into your work and avoid exhaustion and other chronic ailments in the hands, arms and shoulders that are common in other massage forms.
You receive the blissful benefits of yoga & gentle stretching that are at the core of both giving and receiving.
(*subject to changes)
07.00 – 07.30 Meditation
07.30 – 09.00 Yoga
07.30 – 09.00 Silent Breakfast and break
10.30 – 13.00 Practice
13.00- 16.00 Succulent vegan lunch buffet & break
16.00 – 19.00 Practice
19.00 – 20.00 Delicious vegan evening meal
20.00 – 21.30 Evening: Time for sauna, dip in the lake and rest
CHECK IN on the 4th June at 4 pm
CHECK OUT on the 10th June at 3 pm
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Ever since the conclusion of my yoga teacher training at Yandara a little over two months ago, I’ve been searching for ways to describe the profoundly moving beauty and genuineness of the course and of the people conducting it. I left enriched with such an abundance of life transforming experiences and powerful practical skills that truly even the most gifted of poets would be lost for words to express. However, despite not knowing what to say, my endless gratitude towards the teachers together with an innermost desire for more people to find out about this exceptional school is making it impossible for me to not constantly talk about it”.
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.