Join us in a heart-centred journey, among lush Swedish forests, as we dive deep, into the Heart of Yoga, with body, breath and movement.
Spend this life affirming week with Shirin and Gonçalo at Shambala Gatherings, a beautiful retreat centre, just two hours away from Stockholm.
We will create and hold space for you, so you can immerse into six full days of practice and transformation, exploring the Heart of Yoga, becoming intimate with yourself, and learning to self-nurture on a deeper level.
Take time for yourself, to connect within, as you develop a personal practice of Yoga, that you can take home and do every day. Gonçalo and Shirin will offer you a balanced and gentle blend of male/female energy in this retreat. It’s open to all levels of fitness, strength, flexibility and age, and a great way to explore deeper into your own practice.
As much as your own practice should naturally listen to your body in a daily basis, every practice in this retreat is an intuitive response to the energy and level of the participants.
We will dive together deep, into the Heart of Yoga, as taught by T. Krishnamacharya, his son, T.K.V. Desikashar, and Mark Whitwell, their student.
Heart of Yoga is a gentle practice of intimacy with body, breath and movement. It’s embodied awareness of each moment, acceptance of what is. Yoga, as participation in this reality. Breath as our Guru. Nothing to achieve.
Shirin and Gonçalo practiced together in Bali, with Mark Withwell, their beloved teacher, and they blend their knowledge and skills together in a unique and beautiful offering. Each of them has hundreds of practice hours. They will bring their light and their hearts to this retreat, and they will share them with you.
Heart of Yoga is for everybody. It is Asana, Pranayama & Meditation as one seamless process, and most likely unlike any other classes you have attended so far. This retreat will give you the space to explore your practice of yoga to a deep, non-obcessive level, following the principles of the Heart of Yoga. You will learn tools to work with body, breath and movement, connect with like-minded people, explore the beauty of the Swedish forest, and enjoy tasty vegetarian food cooked for us with love.
Every-body is welcome to this retreat, regardless of your experience with yoga.
In this retreat you will…
- Explore Asana, Pranayama and Meditation, as a seamless process
- Deepen the use of Bandhas in Asana, and Pranayama
- Learn Krishnamacharya’s Five Principles of Practice
- Understand the principle of Strength/Receiving in Yoga and Life
- Develop a personal Heart of Yoga practice, for you to take home and do every day
- Spend six full days with two heart-centered teachers, in an intimate setting
(*subject to changes)
Monday 21 September
17:00 Group gathering / Heart of Yoga practice
20:00 Sauna and rest
Tuesday 22 to 26 September
07:00 Heart of Yoga practice
09:00 Silent Breakfast
11.30 Forest walk /practice
13:30 Lunch and Rest
17:00 Heart of Yoga practice
20:00 Group gathering (sharing, sauna and other activities)
Sunday 27 September
7:00 Heart of Yoga practice
9:00 Silent Breakfast
11.30 Forest walk and last sharing
15:00 Check out
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Best hearts, people, location, friendliness, food etc. Have been coming with groups and as a participant for 10 years.<3”.
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.