We believe yoga is the participation of life, where we give and receive and that too is to find in your asana, meditation and pranayama practice.
We believe there is a yoga for everyone, no matter body, age or background. This retreat is perfect for you who wants to deepen your practice but also if this is the first time you ever been standing on the mat and want to learn more about yoga for you. For us its important that everyone have their space to really find their own practice without feeling the need to live up to any standard or belief.
Come and join us into the rich nature of one of the most beautiful places in the northern Sweden, the Shambala gatherings. Enjoy clean fresh nourishing food, massage, sauna, singing and free dancing or just simply find time to write, take walks in the woods and watch the shimmering water under the sunset after a refreshing swim in the lake. This is perfect for you who simply needs a break and taste the nectars of life.
Retreat Package Includes
- Daily asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Learn about the pillars of hatha yoga
- Learn how to do your own yoga sequence
- Join Open seminars of yoga immersion
- Mantra chanting
- Deep relaxation practices
- Have access to Thai massage and Swedish massage
- Join Free dance gatherings
- Learn about eco and green living
- Sauna and swimming
(*subject to changes)
15.00 – 16: Arrival
17.00: Big welcome gathering in the big shala
19.00: Evening dinner
20.00: Getting to know the place and each other, evening walk in moonlight
7.00 – 8.45: Morning practice
9.00: Breakfast in silence
10.30 – 12.30: Yoga class + discussion about hatha yoga
13.30 – 14.30: Lunch
14.30 to 16.45: Rest
17.45 to 18.45: Evening gathering practice with deep relaxation
20.00: Mantra Chanting, Sauna or Free Time
14.00: Check out
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Best hearts, people, location, friendliness, food etc. Have been coming with groups and as a participant for 10 years.<3”.
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.