16-DAY 200HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
with The Yandara Institute
23rd JULY – 9th AUGUST 2018
SHAMBALA GATHERINGS, Sweden
PRICE: 2,750$ (including VAT., food and accommodation)
“Yandara yoga certification school emphasizes practice and teaching skills, including organizing a class, creating confidence, pranayama, philosophy and making postural corrections. You will learn to teach yoga with precision alignment, emphasizing heart-felt presence. Use this yoga instructor training as a foundation for any style you choose to teach including Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Power Yoga and Yin Yoga.”
“Deepen your passion for yoga and learn to teach from the heart: Yandara’s Yoga Teacher Training offers you an immersion into the yogic lifestyle and the path of teaching with heartfelt precense.”
Yandara Yoga Institute was founded in 2003 by Shane-Chrisopher Perkins and his father Craig Perkins from a desire to share the gift of yoga with others. Yandara Yoga has over a decade of the best yoga education programs and has trained thousands of highly-qualified yoga teachers. Offering over 20 Yoga Teacher Training programs each year, Yandara Yoga Institute is one of the largest and most popular yoga teacher training schools in the world. Yandara Yoga School has some of the highest number of graduates that are registered with Yoga Alliance.
When you experience a truly inspiring teacher, for many of us that experience might even be the reason for pursing becoming a yoga teacher. What is it that makes that yoga teacher different from all the rest?
That universal quality is presence. When we are truly present, we radiate our gift. Perhaps what your favourite yoga teacher radiates is wisdom, or perhaps it is strength, peace, joy or pure love. It doesn’t matter how we qualify this radiance.
It simply permeates our experience on the mat and leaves us feeling wiser, stronger, more peaceful, more joyful, more loved. Often, we may feel that we don’t know how to find our gift, or how to share it with others. But at Yandara, we believe that you already have the knowledge and intuition to do just that. One of the pillars of the Yandara Yoga Teacher Training, is to guide you to unveil your true gift as a teacher.
Yandara’s system and workshops will offer simple, yet profound, steps to realize that you are an amazing yogi, and a great yoga teacher!
Yandara Yoga Institute states the meaning of a truly inspiring, heartfelt, and intuitive teacher training that will take you deeper into yourself, as well as further into the world.
1. Teaching Confidence: You will start to practice teaching on the 2nd day, and teach daily throughout the training. We have found that, while it is of importance, gathering information about, or even experiencing, yoga is not enough to learn how to impart the wisdom of this ancient practice. Through teaching, and receiving immediate personal feedback, you will become more confident; confidence allows you to relax and let your gifts come through.
2. Inner Alignment and hands-on-assists: At Yandara, we value proper alignment as an important tool to a sustainable practice. That being said, what is the “proper alignment” for each individual? So many of the different yoga styles sometimes teach conflicting opinions, even about the very basic poses, and how to practice them. So, now what? We have some options, we can become fanatical about our “style” being the only way, or we can go on a quest for the latest in corrections and cues. A third option is offered here at Yandara, as well as basic alignment and cuing principles, you will be taught how to cultivate and decipher the language of the body. You will learn to guide your students to be aware of what their sensations are telling them, how to move safely in the pose. Your inner ears will be trained to hear the quiet voice of the inner guru, the one who is present in your every breath, and always ready to align you to you.
To practice with the support of inner alignment allows you to stay in your safety, even while challenging yourself with more advanced asanas. On the same basis you will learn how to guide your students to find their inner alignment, both with the use of cues, and with hands-on-assists.
3. Cueing from your heart: At Yandara you will learn to access cueing words from the heart instead of from brain memory. Cueing from your heart happens naturally through presence. To set the constantly thinking mind aside, and let your heart shine through in your classes will give them a unique and personal touch.
4. An open style and a set sequence: At Yandara, you will learn an open style of Yoga, which allows you to choose what, and how, you want to teach in the future. You will get all the tools you need to create a fun and challenging yoga class. To help you build your confidence, as a beginner teacher, one part of the teacher training also consists of learning a set sequence. That sequence is a tool you can choose to use in your future classes, for as long as you like.
5. Compassion: An important part of the Yandara training is understanding and developing our caring, compassionate nature, this a big part of unveiling the radiant teacher inside.
These five principles are part of the “Yandara Teacher Training System” that will assist you to become the yoga teacher you want to be.
(*subject to changes)
MONDAY – SATURDAY
- 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM: Practice and Instruction of yoga flow and walking and sitting meditation.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast
- 9:45 AM to 12:30 PM: Yoga Class: Teacher Training Practice and Instruction.
- 12:30 PM: Brunch: Delicious vegetarian meals are served buffet style.
- 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Student Practice Teaching & Workshop and Communication/ Presentation Skills Workshop.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner: Healthy and delicious vegetarian meals served buffet style.
- 7:30 PM to 9:15 PM: Satsang: meditation, music, kirtan, yoga philosophy and discussion.
- 7:00 AM: Practice and Instruction of yoga flow, and walking and sitting meditation.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast
- 10AM to 11:30PM : Free time.
- 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Student Practice Teaching & Workshop and Communication/ Presentation Skills Workshop
- 6:00 PM: Dinner
- 7:30 PM: Yoga Film, Discussion or Movie
“Ever since the conclusion of my yoga teacher training at Yandara a little over two months ago, I’ve been searching for ways to describe the profoundly moving beauty and genuineness of the course and of the people conducting it. I left enriched with such an abundance of life transforming experiences and powerful practical skills that truly even the most gifted of poets would be lost for words to express. However, despite not knowing what to say, my endless gratitude towards the teachers together with an innermost desire for more people to find out about this exceptional school is making it impossible for me to not constantly talk about it”. – Madeleine Rahm, Sweden, November 2016
Nicolina Sandstedt~ E-RYT 500
After living a nomadic lifestyle for several years, Nicolina unpacked her bags at Yandara Yoga Institute, Mexico. This is where she spends most of her year, apart from a few months on the west coast of Sweden. Nicolina’s inspiring presence and teaching style is organic, intuitive, and infused with bhakti. Through centering, up-lifting and challenging yoga practices she guides her students to explore their own sense of flow.
At age 18, Nicolina left her home in Sweden with a thirst for deeper understanding of herself through yoga and the ancient cultures of the world. She spent the following 6 years traveling, with 3 long stays in India. During this time a lifelong romance with Yoga and Meditation was born which led her to complete her first Yoga Teacher Training with Yandara Yoga Institute in 2006. The experience was transformational and she shortly returned to study and work at Yandara. A few years later she moved back to Sweden and completed her degree in Physical Therapy at the University of Gothenburg. The deep understanding of anatomy and physiology is an invaluable support in her profession as a yoga teacher and teacher trainer. During her time in Sweden, she continued to deepen her studies of yoga, she taught regularly at yoga studios and teacher trainings across the country, and is co-founder of “Yoga Treats” studio. Nicolina is a certified practitioner of Usui/Tibetan Reiki.
Nicolina has studied extensively with Shiva Rea and is a certified Prana Vinyasa® teacher. These days her personal practice largely consists of Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations, as well as a consistent hatha/vinyasa practice. Off the mat, you may find her surrounded by the elements of nature, admiring the cactus forest, exploring the arid desert hillsides, enjoying the pulse of a city, doing tarot spreads, and making delicious raw treats for community potlucks. Nicolina is a registered YACEP® – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider.
Nicolina feels immense gratitude to her teachers. Her main training and teacher certifications are with Shiva Rea (Prana Vinyasa®), Angela Farmer & Victor Van Kooten (Underground Yoga), Christopher Tompkins (Tantra), Fran Ubertini (therapeutics), Sarah Powers (Yin & Vinyasa), Biff Mithoefer (Yin), Kevin Durkin (Iyengar Yoga), Corrin Adams (Hatha Flow), and Sivananda (Classical Hatha Yoga).
“To me the ancient teachings of Yoga is are an invitation to be deeply curious about the Flow of Life (Shakti), and to joyfully cultivate it on all levels. It is a practice of moving through any stagnation or blockage so that awareness (Shiva) can permeate our entire being.” – Nicolina Standsteadt
Shane-Christopher Perkins ~ E-RYT 500
Christopher is the co-founder of Yandara and has over 20 years of meditation and yoga practice. His style is dynamic and intuitive, mixing creative movement with a powerful asana practice. Christopher has the gift to bring his students through fun and challenging flow sequences while cultivating the shared awareness that is Yoga. His passion for yoga philosophy and yoga psychology is a part of his daily life and weaves naturally into his teachings. Christopher’s presence inspires those around him to enter their hearts and connect to their truest potential.
Christopher was raised at the SKMC Meditation Center in Bowling Green, Virginia. He requested initiation to a meditation practice at age 4, and while he led a “normal” childhood, he studied with Sant Darshan Singh until age 16. In his early twenties, after attending VCU for fine arts, Christopher spent two years as an apprentice of John P. Milton, training in Sacred Passage (wilderness meditation) and QiGong. This time of deep transformation included several solo wilderness retreats, ranging from 2 to 28 days. In 2005, Christopher spent 6 months in India and Nepal, where he attended teachings and went on retreats, undertaking extensive practice in Vipassana Meditation and Tibetan Buddhist Meditation.
Christopher founded the Yandara Yoga Institute with his father Craig Perkins in 2003. Since that time he has been facilitating Yoga Teacher Trainings, and continues to inspire and grow with each person he meets. Christopher is a registered YACEP® – Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider.
Christopher has studied with many inspired yogi’s across the world, including a 500-hr training with Dharma Mittra, as well as trainings with Daniel Odier – Kashmirian Tantra, Shiva Rea – Vinyasa Flow, Hanneli Francis – Anusara, Baba Hari Das of the Mount Madonna Center, T.K.V. Desikachar – Yoga Therapy, and senior Iyengar teachers Kevin Durkin, Victor Oppenheimer and Gloria Goldberg. Christopher is also an inspired musician and singer, with a lot of love for kirtan.
The cost for this 16-day/200 Hour
Certification is: 2,750$
This price includes vat, tuition,
meals and accommodation.
Airport transportation and materials
not included in the price.